Pranav Pranayama
Due to anxiety and panic attacks, I lost how to breathe. I know it sounds ridiculous! There were so many times I would catch myself not breathing properly or at all. I decided to relearn how to breathe! I paractice different pranayamas everyday to help with my anxiety and for meditation.
Pranayama is Sanskrit word defined as "control of breath". We inhale prana, or life force energy, and allow it to flow through our chakras. This does not only sustain us, but can allow us to thrive. Pranayama is a form of yoga that can alleviate stress and anxieties without putting physical exertion on the body. This is a great natural alternative for those with ailments that make it difficult to practice Asanas, or as an introduction into yoga
Pranav Pranayama, Om, is a simple breath exercise for beginners practicing breath control. You do not need to learn anything fancy. Just breathe as you normally would, but with all your attention on your breath. Try to make your exhalations longer as you continue breathing for more stress relief. If your attention wanders, refocus back to your breath.
Note: You might feel a little lightheaded after practicing this. Make sure to not stand up immediately or too quickly.
If you would like to practice this with me, I have made a video demonstrating how to perform this breath exercise. This is my first video, so please enjoy a few giggles and be kind.
Namaste
Thank you for stopping by! Your presence is very much appreciated. <3
Disclaimer: While I am a Certified Yoga Teacher, I am not a Doctor. Certification transcript #3287182. Not accepting clients at the moment. Anything posted here or on social media platforms is for informational purposes only. Consult your health care practitioner before beginning any exercise or health regime. You are responsible for your health and wellbeing, and In2it Yogin cannot be held accountable for your personal actions.

No comments:
Post a Comment